The Toronto Jewish Film Foundation (TJFF) is committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information we collect about you. In keeping all our customers’ information strictly confidential, we will not sell, rent, loan or trade your personal information to any organization or individual outside TJFF. We may share your information with a third party if it is necessary to carry out your transaction or comply with any legal obligation. No financial information is collected or saved directly on this site.
What is personal information?
“Personal information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and service subscriptions and usage, credit card information and billing records.
What type of personal information does TJFF collect?
- Your name, billing address, email address, telephone number. Please note: credit card information, including card number, card type, cardholder name and expiration date, when you purchase tickets, passes, memberships or make donations is submitted via a secure third-party site (Patron Manager). No credit card information is held on tjff.com.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in any TJFF event, including submitting your film or work for inclusion in any events or programmes.
- Personal information you provide to us when you participate in one of our contests or surveys. This information may include your name, email address and street address, and the answers to survey questions. The personal information you provide to us when participating in these promotions, surveys and contests may be used for marketing purposes.
- Personal information you provide to us when subscribing to our newsletters or emails or when you use our website.
- Photographs, motion pictures and videos taken of you in public areas at TJFF events.
- Personal information you may provide to us when applying for a volunteer position with TJFF.
When does TJFF collect personal information?
The purpose for collecting personal information is identified at or before the time it is collected. We collect and use personal information that is voluntarily provided to us by the consent of our customers, members, sponsors, website users and the public in general when they contact us via telephone, e-mail, web browser, or in person. We limit the personal information we collect to that which is necessary for us to conduct business.
Why does TJFF collect your personal information?
The personal information we collect is only used, disclosed or retained for its original intended purpose (unless you provide your consent to a different use or disclosure) and we retain it only as necessary for those purposes. TJFF may collect personal information about you and use it following ways:
- To provide products and services to you, to inform you of promotions, programs and events, to provide information about purchases, to bill you when you make a purchase, to acknowledge support or donations and provide that information to the Canada Revenue Agency, and to contact you when necessary for these purposes.
- To administer your submissions and applications for our programs, events and funding opportunities, to facilitate networking and market activities and for market data analysis.
- For marketing purposes, we may use your contact information to send you promotions, surveys, contests, programming updates and other marketing information. Promotional emails are intended to inform you of opportunities, events or special deals available to you from TJFF. You can opt not to receive emails by either clicking “unsubscribe from this list” at the bottom of any email or clicking “update your preferences” at the bottom of any email. In addition, we may send you postal mail to inform you of promotions, surveys, contests, programming updates and other marketing information. You can unsubscribe from this postal mail service by contacting email@example.com with a request to be removed from postal mail lists.
- Photographic, video and film cameras are only used to (a) protect TJFF, its customers and employees against security issues, including potential violations of civil and or criminal laws and (b) for our marketing purposes with respect to TJFF events and services.
- We may use your personal information to respond when you submit a question or suggestion to us, or when you request assistance with your membership, registration, donations or viewing your purchase(s).
The Disclosure of Personal Information
TJFF is committed to protecting your privacy and the personal information we collect about you. In keeping all our customers’ information strictly confidential. We will not sell, rent, loan or trade your personal information to any organization or individual outside TJFF. However, TJFF may share your personal information with third parties when that party has been hired as a service provider for commercial transactions (e.g. ticket sales, pass sales, etc.).
The internet is, by its nature, inherently open and subject to interception of information. We cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the internet or otherwise will not be intercepted by third parties while it is being communicated by means that are outside of our control.
Verifying and Amending your Personal Information
TJFF tries to ensure that all personal information about you that is in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To enable us to do so, please inform the person to whom you provided your personal information of any change to that information or contact our box office at 416-324-9121 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with these matters.
Resolving Your Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about TJFF’s personal information collection, use and disclosure practices, please let us know and we will do our best to help you. If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us. Subsequently, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada if you would like to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Toronto Jewish Film Foundation
19 Madison Avenue